Thread: how to enable local printer AND disable network printer- printer w

how to enable local printer AND disable network printer- printer w

I am having a local printer configured on my pc. I am also having a another printer which is on the lan network. Now I need some way by which I can simply disable the lan printer and use the local one on my pc. A number of time when print, the print goes by default on the lan printer which is really annoying. I hope there will be some kind of settings available that can help me to manage the printer as per my need.

Re: how to enable local printer AND disable network printer- printer w

You can simply delete the network printer for Printer and Faxes section. Next time if you want to add you can go back in that and choose Add Printer. There is no option available that can allow you to disable or turn the existing printer off. So better just remove it. And it will not come back unless you add it back again. I am having more than 2 printers on the network. I am connected to the most nearest one. And deleted additional printers.

There is no way to disable the printer. What you can do is set the local printer as default printer. That is the best way I think. You just need to go in Printer and Faxes and right click on the same. Then choose set as default. The next time when you run print the default printer will only appear. It is more easier to manage. There are steps available to disable add printer wizard. But that is of no use at all.

Re: how to enable local printer AND disable network printer- print

Alan:

I have a remote site where two users both on windows XP in a windows workgroup have different permissions. One can add a printer and one can only add a network printer... the local printer where I add a tcp/ip port is all greyed out... any ides how to remedy this?