Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

ethernet controller driver

Windows XP Support

Old 22-11-2008

ethernet controller driver

I have just now formatted my HP laptop but I am missing the ethernet controller driver. I have already tried the HP site but that is not helping me out? Can anyone please help me? Thanks

Old 22-11-2008

Re: ethernet controller driver

Normally, the ethernet might be on the board itself and assuch contained in the chipset drivers CD. Can you tell us what is the exact model of the laptop that you have?
Old 22-11-2008

Exactly, if you have the proper laptop model number, then you can easily locate the entire list of drivers available for the laptop that you have. But if the laptop was never delivered with XP on it, then HP might not list an XP driver.
Old 22-11-2008

I have a Compaq NX9010 laptop and I have downloaded after I reformatted it. All the drivers with the exception of the ethernet driver, I do not know how to find out the motherboard's name so I could contact the manufacturer, do I haev to open the laptop? I have tried the Bios and all the network drivers that HP lists under this model but none of them worked fine. Thanks for the reply.
Old 22-11-2008

You can download the network driver from this link - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ubmit=Go%20%BB

Usually, based on your OS, you might also have to refer to the paperwork supplied with your pc. Or if you download and install Belarc Advisor then it will give ample of information about your system.
Old 02-12-2008

I have finally solved this problem, I got the HP drivers disk from one of my friend who was also having the same model laptop and installed it all fine. Now it is working fine as it should be. Thanks for all the support.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,