Thread: Repartition Hard Drive in XP

Repartition Hard Drive in XP

I want to repartition my hard drive. When I had installed windows xp long before I kept the c drive quiet small. Due which I keep on getting low disk space error. I want to install some games on my pc but not able to do the same due to less space left. I hope there will be some option available by which I can simply install XP back from scratch by formatting the drive and adjusting the size of partition as per my need.

RE: Repartition Hard Drive in XP

There is a way to increase the space of your existing partition without formatting it. You can do that by using Partition Magic. If there is another partition in your pc you can simply extract some space from it and add that in the C drive. Partition Magic is extremely comfortable tool for this purpose. It works well with Windows XP. I had use this long before to merge some space in D drive.

Re: Repartition Hard Drive in XP

For most of the application and games you get an option to provide the installation location. You can do that by manually providing the place where the application files will be installed. So when you are running the setup the time it ask you for the installation locate choose the separate partition which has enough space left. You can install any number of application you want by this way without formatting your pc.

Due to low disk space you get this error. It is essential that you must simply re-format your pc and then try to re-install the same. If you are willing to format the pc you can simply go ahead with clean installation. Just use the windows installation disc. You can through that create a separate partition of your choice. At the time of adding disk space ensure that you put ample of amount while creating a partition and then move ahead with clean setup.