Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CD won't autoplay in DVD/RW drive

Windows XP Support

Old 14-11-2008

CD won't autoplay in DVD/RW drive

I set up a new computer yesterday with Windows XP SP3. Installation went fine, also installed few drivers. Now the problem I am facing here is with its DVD/RW drive. No matter what CD I out it never brings up the Auto Play options. For example, if I out the driver CD, Autoplay option plays an important role because I donít need to go and search proper driver for my system, it installs the required ones automatically, right? But it is not working on this system.

Can you please provide me an option to enable the same? Many Thanks.

Old 14-11-2008

Re: CD won't autoplay in DVD/RW drive

Dont worry friend. There is an official Autoplay Repair Wizard from Microsoft. You can get the same here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This tool will scans your computer devices to find defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds.
Old 14-11-2008

Re: CD won't autoplay in DVD/RW drive

Thank you very much for the help Jacopb. I'll download the tool when i reach home. Will try to fix my Autoplay and will let you know the results.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,