Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

extending laptop screen to external monitor - works but question

Windows XP Support

Old 13-11-2008

extending laptop screen to external monitor - works but question

This is HP Compaq 6910p laptop running with Windows XP SP3. It has mobility radeon x2300 graphic card. I usually use a second monitor always with this laptop to extend my display. Everything is working fine. I can move windows from one screen to another, and all other stuffs that we normally do on dual display. Now what exactly I want to do is, I want to use both display at the same time with same program.

I mean when I maximize a particular program it should stretch on both the displays. Is it possible? This will be very helpful for me while using terminal services. So if it can be done anyhow, please let me know soon. Thank you very much.

Old 14-11-2008

Re: extending laptop screen to external monitor - works but question

I haven?t done this personally ever but I have read it somewhere that windows did extend across both screens. I think it can be done using mstsc.exe... and there is a switch you use to enable the same. Just try running ?mstsc.exe /span? and see if it works.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,