Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

spoolsv.exe - Application Error, after updating to Winodws XP SP3.

Windows XP Support

Old 09-11-2008

spoolsv.exe - Application Error, after updating to Winodws XP SP3.

I was running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 and my printer was working well too. Two days ago I upgraded the system to Service Pack 3. Installation went fine but since then my Printer stopped working. Every time I try accessing my Printer it gives me an error message saying:

?Application Error
Faulting application spoolsv.exe, "The instruction at "0x7e5d827d" referenced memory at "0x0000006c"?

Can anyone please provide me some help? I dont have any idea what to do.

Old 10-11-2008

RE: spoolsv.exe - Application Error, after updating to Winodws XP SP3.

Well i was thinking i was alone with this problem but seems like i have a buddy too. Even i started getting problems with my printer since i upgraded to SP3. Whenever I try opening Printers & Faxes under the control menu, it says the print spooler service is not working. When i checked the services, they are still running. Really very annoying.
Old 10-11-2008

Re: spoolsv.exe - Application Error, after updating to Winodws XP SP3.

Most probably this problem occurs because of any third party component loaded into the Print Spooler process that is defective and causes stability. And it can be true that Windows SP3 simply exposed a defect (bug) in a driver, print monitor or other component. If so, it would be the responsiblity of the printer manufacturer to provide an update to the component.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,