Thread: can't install net.framework 3.5

can't install net.framework 3.5

I need some help with the problem I am facing on my pc. I am having a windows xp pc here. I am not able to install .net framework on the same. When I try to install the same it stops in between. I am also trying to install the same via Windows Update but that also is not working. I am just trying to install a game which needs dot net. But somehow it is not working at all. I downloaded the setup file from a file sharing website but that also does not looks to be working fine.

Re: can't install net.framework 3.5

What is the exact issue you are facing. It is necessary that you must simply download the files from official site of Microsoft. That will be more better. Just go on the Microsoft website and look for the dot net download. Install it in your pc that's all. If you are getting any kind of error or installation problem then just mention the same here in detail. Half information will not help you much.

That can be due to corrupt setup file. It is very important that you must simply get the right setup file and then run it in the admin mode. Your issue will be resolved. That is one of the best way to fix the problem. If the setup file is not proper then this kind of issues keeps on appearing. You cannot do much on the same. Most of the setup stops working due to improper msi file.

There is one more option available by which you can restore dot net. For that you will need to visit the below website. You can simply run the update back again through the below link. If you go with Custom installation then you have the option to choose what update you want to install and what you want to ignore. That is more easy to skip UN-necessary stuff. Just check for the updates first via below link and then test back.

Windows Update

I am giving you a link below that has information on fixing the problem with dot net problem you are facing. You said that the setup stopped working in between. You can get more information on the issue inside Event Viewer. While the below link gives you some instant option in fixing the dot net installation issues. The msi file is available on the official website for free download. Keep that ready first and then move ahead with other setup.

You may receive a "Setup Failed" error message or an "Error 1706" error message when you try to install the .NET Framework 1.0 SP3

hello to all,
    i've read some of your install problems for the net framework 3.5 and actually had the same problem but here is the fix (at least for me).

1) download the net framework 3.5 and 3.5 sp 1 files. (this is for xp pro only)

2) right click my computer, then manage, then go to services.

3) make sure the .net runtime optimization service, ASP.NET State Services, and IIS are all started and set to automatic (if not set to start and automatic and restart computer)

4) disable all antivirus and antimalware/spyware software

5) leave internet connection enabled and lnstall 3.5 first, restart computer leaving all antivirus software disabled, then install 3.5 SP1 with internet enabled. it will need to download some files.

6) once completed, re-enable all disabled programs and restart computer.

hope this helps

Blkvyyper - MCSE,MCSD,CCNA,CCNIE