Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Chkdsk automatically turns on on startup XP?

Windows XP Support

Old 08-11-2008

Chkdsk automatically turns on on startup XP?

I dont know why but whenever the computer boots to the XP screen, chkdsk is automatically starting up everytime. It will check the middle partition and I have 3 of them and only this one is checking. The disk consistency is always fine. So can anyone tell me why is this check turning on and how to swich it off? Thanks.

Old 08-11-2008

Re: Chkdsk automatically turns on on startup XP?

You can try to check the partition using HD Tune. Just download the HD Tune freeware version 2.55 and not the HD Tune Pro from their official website. After that select the info tabs and place the cursor on the drive under Driver Letter and then double click the 2 page icond and copy into a further message. Now try to select the Health Tab and then double click the 2 page icon and then copy into a further message. You need to ensure that you do a full surface scan with Hd Tune.
Old 10-11-2008

Thanks for the reply, but I have solved the issue via fsutil. I didnt get time to check HD tune but will try it out later onwards.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,