Thread: Stuck in safe mode ,cant get in to normal mode

Stuck in safe mode ,cant get in to normal mode

The problem started when I scanned my windows xp system with Mcafee Antivirus. After the scan completed it told me that my system is infected with backdoor Trojan. I searched for instructions on web to get rid of it and according to that I tried doing the same. Here is what I tried:

I turned off system restore, opened CMD and typed MSCONFIG. Clicked on boot.ini and set to boot in Safe Mode. After that I restarted my computer and entered safe mode.

Now here my problem started. Once I entered safe mode, computer prompted me with classic logon menu where I need to enter username and password. I entered my proper login credentials but got an error of wrong password and username. Am sure about my credentials and is correct. After 3 attempts, I thought to login with the default Administrator account. So I typed Administrator as username and left the password filed blank. But still it wont allow me to login.

After numerous trials I fed up and restarted the system to get back to normal mode. But surprisingly the system wont allow me to enter normal mode as well any more. Again rebooted the system, hit F8 to get to the boot menu and guess what, no one of these options are working now, unable to start with last know good configuration, not in Safe mode, not in Normal Mode, etc. Can you guys tell me is there any way I get into my pc ? Any help will be appreciated.

re: Stuck in safe mode ,cant get in to normal mode

There is no other way left apart getting Genuine Windows XP installation disk and repairing windows with few commands and accessing the hard drive. Do you have the disk with you ?

cannot boot in safe or normal mode

Hi,

I need help! I installed Avast antivirus on my computer and it was giving me problems so i tried to un-install and so tried the MSCONFIG command in start/run. I checked the safe mode boot option in BOOT.INI and now my computer cannot start. it is always sending me back to the option where i have to choose to either run in safe or normal mode or safe mode with networking but all do not seem to work.

Can anyone help me?

Franett

Me too stuck with very similar problem. My system too is infected with a Trojan hence I came to SafeMode through msconfig. Unlike above users, I am able to login in Safe Mode but am not able to access MSCONFIG. Not just this but also not able to access any program. When I logged out again from safe mode, now am stuck the same screen where above users are waiting to login. Any body have any suggestions?

Nvm I got it to work by entering BIOS and setting default settings. YAY!

Well, lets try out some simple troubleshooting. If somehow you guys are able to enter Safe Mode, open up task manager by Ctrl+Alt +Del or by right clicking the taskbar. Go to File , click New task and type explorer.exe and see if you guys can get access for programs and start menu. I know explorer is already running but by doing this it refreshes the same again.

If that too wont work and you guys are stuck at the black boot menu screen, than simply go to your BIOS and select/enter “Load Default Settings.”. This fixes such problems most of the time.

Hi all,

please help me out from this problem,i have gone through this process mentioned below,

1. Got to your Start menu and select Run option.
    2. Type in msconfig command and click OK. The System Configuration Utility program will then open.
    3. Select the BOOT.INI tab located at the top of the System Configuration Utility window.
    4. Check the box labeled /SAFEBOOT and click OK.
    5. When asked if you prefer to restart the PC immediately, or Exit Without Restart, choose to restart the computer manually.

now iam not able to start the windows xp screen, laptop has strucked at safe mode option,lot of times i tried and i used all options like safe mode,normal mode,last know good confiragration.but no luck,plesae help me any one

regards
    naveen