Thread: Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Ok so there are a couple of threads that deal with this error already but none seem to be quite the same problem as mine. Here's what happened. I got the Windows Police Pro spyware thing and after removing it, the computer worked fine. A few min later the Windows Service pack wanted to install so I let it, then it asked to restart the computer. I did so and after restarting it, I got the PAGE_FAULT blue screen and it wouldn't do anything. Now I can't get past that screen. No matter what I do, it comes back to that screen, I have to push the power button to either turn it off or try starting it again. I have Windows XP Home on this computer and it is a Dell XPS400. I've tried taking out the RAM as well as the Harddrive and placing them back in, but it still gives me the error. Also, its not always the same error. It sometimes goes back to the Blue Screen but it doesn't say anything about the PAGE_FAULT, there is no message besides the technical information. Does any have any ideas what the problem is or if there is anyway I can get past the screen and actually boot up my computer fully? Let me know if you need any other information about the computer.

Thanks

Re: Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

To me it clearly seems to be the RAM or Hard Drive problem. I will suggest you to first run a RAM test. If the RAM is faulty you will get some errors during the test itself and once you get error, you will need to replace the RAM. And if everything goes fine for few hours after running the RAM test without errors then run the harddrive manufacturer's diagnostic. It might be causing the problem. Run the tests and let us know the results for further troubleshoot.

I've also just started running into this issue as well and have been looking for a fix. I'm looking at...

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFF7FF8, 0x00000000, 0x8054B51A, 0x00000000)

Any help or information is greatly appreciated!!

Well finally worked through my error. Finally getting Memtest86+ i found that my 1st memory stick was the problem. I removed it last night, slid the other stick into 1st position and I'm now running clear of the dread "BSOD".

I am running into the same exact issue with the infinite reboot loop and the blue screen containing Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_area. I'm running the memory test now. I've never had problems before. I've checked my hard drives by putting them in other computers and have run diagnostics on them. Everything seems ok. I'm taking a guess that it's not the memory.

I believe this problem started when I downloaded and installed several very reputable anti malware and spyware programs and then did a rather large Windows Update immediately after - without restarting after running the anti malware program. When I restarted the downward spiral of computer troubleshooting began. It's just a theory I'm holding onto to keep myself from going crazy.

Please let me know if you have any more ideas about to how get beyond the blue screen. I just don't want to reformat. I know the data is safe but doing the reformat blows.

I am having a problem with this page_fault issue and I don't understand how to fix it. I try to go into safe mode but it brings me back to that same old blue screen with the same old error message about the page_fault.
    How do I get past it? I don't have the money to take it in or buy a new computer. I'm very fustrated.

Linda