Thread: Windows Movie Maker not saving on CD

Windows Movie Maker not saving on CD

I am getting sick of the Movie Maker on Windows XP Home day by day. This program is even worse compared to the one i created my self. I created a project with hard work of a week by collecting several videos, images and Audio and now it just wont save the project. Not even on CD. This is the worst program i have ever found on any version of Windows.

re: Windows Movie Maker not saving on CD

First of all let me tell you that there are billions of people around the world using Windows Movie Maker comfortably. If you are having problem then surely either the problem is with your system or you itself. Secondly, saving the projects directly on CD is not at all a good idea. You must always save it first on your hard drive, then save the movie on your hard drive in wmv format.

Once done, import the movie into your Authoring software and burn your CD or DVD. There could be problems with large projects but you should know the proper way of using a program instead of blaming it.

I too agree with you LAMONT. Movie Maker works very well for me as well. Creating *.wmv files with video and sound that can be saved to CD or DVD in various formats. Perhaps RTFM may apply in your case?

hey guys, i have a question regarding Windows Movie Maker. It may sound silly but i really dont know about it. Can anyone here please tell me how to delete parts of a skate video that i am currently editing in WMM?

Maybe something in the following tutorial will work for you:

If you want to split a video clip in Movie Maker version 2.1 then simply drag the video/audio clip to the Timeline. It is as simple. Now Play the video/audio and you will find the Playback Indicator(vertical line) proceeding across the timeline. Simply click the "Pause" button at the point where you wish to trim and type... Ctrl+L or click the "Split" button at the bottom of the view screen. Now you can make as many splits as you want and remove the unwanted clips by right click / delete.

Those are classic symptoms of using video files that don't work well in Movie Maker, and should be converted to ones that do. Downloaded files are often flash, Divx, Xvid compressed files which should be converted. Import Movie Source Files > Video section has comments and pointers.

Windows movie maker is not very functional, it is absolutely riddled with bugs. If you want split and mix anything all sorts of problems crop up.

I used to be a software tester - software is released with bugs, delaying release date costs money so they release the software with bugs....windows movie maker however should have been with drawn, its practically unusable.

Well, if people are not satisfied with Windows Movie Maker then they can go for Video Spin (based on Pinnacle Studio) is a free video editing software for Windows that lets you make movies with no learning curve. If you use custom settings you can create some pretty clear wmv's and flash videos. VideoSpin is a fully functional gadget which lets you:

• Mix videos, photos and music together
    • Add Titles and Transitions
    • Upload to the web in a snap!
    • Do it all for FREE!