Thread: simple utility to create windows xp bootable disk on CD

Simple utility to create windows xp bootable disk on CD

I need some help here to create a bootable cd for windows xp home edition. I am not able to find anything here. I want to create a bootable cd that I can simply use to install windows back again and fix the problem that I am facing. I tried some third party tools here but that does not seems to be working fine. I hope there will be some more option available which can help me to create a bootable disc through which I can install xp back when needed.

If you are using for any ready to use utility then I will recommend you to arrange a iso file first. The iso file is a image file of windows xp disc. And it is always better to create a cd out of that. Or else there is a problem always. You can use a cd/dvd burner software like Nero to create a bootable disc and that will work fine. You can burn a cd and then boot from the same. That will be more helpful in fixing the issue you are facing.

To create a bootable disc you will need a legitimate XP installation CDs which are already bootable. Through that you can simply create a exact copy of windows OS. There are some nice cloning software on the web which can help you for what you are trying to do. Under all condition you will need the original disc to create a bootable disc. Which will be more helpful. So here I will recommend you to simply first arrange a bootable disc and then create a copy of the same. That will be more than enough.

There is a better way to that. And it is to slipstream the SP to an windows XP installation disk. That is a complicated procedure but really works. With that you can install RC on your machine. Or you can also get the same from the CD if you can't access it in the boot menu. So I will recommend you to locate the complete slipstreaming procedure from the web and try that to create a bootable windows disc and check back. I think that will be simply enough to fix the issue.

I am having some issues with recovery console here. I am trying to work in windows xp sp3. I had to slipstream a CD, and then installed RC. The process looks to be going well. But when I tried to start in RC before doing this, from the hard drive I am getting a error. I am getting the same from windows disc also. I had then created the disk from the ISO file which worked. I am using that for formatting now.