Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Shutdown screen changed -- how to change it back

Windows XP Support

Old 31-10-2008

Windows Shutdown screen changed -- how to change it back

My friends shutdown screen in XP has changed from the screen with 3 choice button, that is, standby, turn-off, restart to a mini window with something of a drop down menu. He is not that computer savy, so can anyone tell me a solution for this issue, how to fix it?

Old 31-10-2008

Re: Windows Shutdown screen changed -- how to change it back

It seems like your friends lohon method has changed too. It could happen if a USB Wireless adapter was installed. If that is the case then you can use system restore to go back a day before the adapter was installed and everything should be back to normal and the wireless adapter should still work.
Old 31-10-2008

Just, go to Control Panel and double click the User Accounts icon. After that it should launch the user accounts applet. Now, in the user accounts, have your friend click on "Change the way users log on or off". On the next page, ensure that "Use the Welcome screen" is checked. Now you need to also check "Use Fast User Switching" if your friend wans to enable that option and then click on the apply button and all will be done.
Old 01-11-2008

Have you made sure that your friend is not using Windows Classic menus or such?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: