Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Windows XP Support

Old 30-10-2008

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Hi,

This is Windows XP. I just wanted to know if it is possible to change the slide show default speed? It runs at about 6 seconds now and I'd like to cut that to 2-3 seconds.

Old 30-10-2008

Re: Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

Yes it is possible using the Tweak UI or a registry file I created for you. Just follow the below steps:

1. Download and install Tweak UI:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

2. Open Tweak UI and expand "Explorer".

3. Select "Slide Show" and adjust the time accordingly.

4. Apply, OK.

If you want to do it through Registry, then follow the below steps:

1. Copy below and paste into Notepad.

----------copy inside only----------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellImageView]
"Timeout"=dword:000009c4

----------copy inside only----------

2. Save-as SlideShow_Time=2.5.reg (or any name + .reg)

3. Double-click or right-click and merge into the registry.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-11-2008

Hello edcm. The speed can be increased easily by going to Settings controls, but there is no way to reduce the same below 6 secs. For that reason, and its issues with which directory to use in certain circumstances, I tend to shy away from the My Pictures Slide Show screensaver and use freeware instead.
Old 07-11-2008

I found the easiest way to get the job done. What you need is first download power toys program TweakUI for XP from the following Microsoft Download Center Page. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Install the same. Once done, click Start > Control Panel > TweakUI> Scroll down to Explorer> Slide Show> Set transition speed to 2000 to 3000 ms, or other rate that you desire. Thats it. You are done.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,