Thread: Display Driver

Display Driver

Hi, this is HP Pavilion desktop running with Windows XP Home edition. Two days ago i updated my system's Display Driver. Installation went fine but since then i am getting an error message regularly saying:

"Your display driver has changed, the auto location feature needs to reinstall the rotation driver. If this message reappears, please update your display drivers. Please reinstall now"

I fed up with the error and updated the driver but guess what, still i get the same error message. Somebody please help me out. Many thanks.

Re: Display Driver

Can you tell me from where did you downloaded the driver? You must always download the new drivers form the device manufacturer's official website. If you have downloaded this from Windows update then you may face such problem. SO what you need to do is uninstall the driver completely from the system. Go to HP's website, locate your laptop model, download the latest driver and install. Hopefully it will fix the error.

Thank you very very much for the help Katherina. I did what you said, downloaded the drivers from HP, uninstalled existing drivers, installed the new drivers but yet the same error message.

Now what?

Seems some critical problem than. Do one thing. go to Start > RUN > type 'msconfig', press Enter. Here see of there is any Display Adapter Features.

Apart from this you should boot into Safe Mode by restarting the laptop > F8 > select Safe mode form Boot screen. Now go to Control Panel and see if there is an option to disable the Video Card's auto locate feature.

Hey guys, even i am facing a very similar problem. Finally i found the best driver for my display, installed it fine without any problems but now on every boot up i get an error pop up which says:

"Your display driver has changed, the auto location feature needs to reinstall the rotation driver. If this message reappears, please update your display
    drivers."

As suggested above i checked the msconfig but dint found anything related to this. What to do now? Many thanks for all helps.

Just check the following location C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\MCsvActn.dll. If you find this DLL file in this folder, simply renamed the same and change its extension to something else, for example, make it to MCsvActn.old. Now restart the system and let us know if still you see the error.

Thanks, I will try this tonight after work and report back to the group.

Thanks for all your reply's.