Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP freezes during install when detecting/installing devices.HELP

Windows XP Support

Old 24-10-2008

Windows XP freezes during install when detecting/installing devices.HELP

Windows XP freezes during install when detecting/installing devices

I was reformatting my hard drive and the Windows XP install freezes when detecting/installing devices during installation. How can I find out what is causing the install to freeze. It does setup, starts fine and starts detecting devices, and when it comes to the part where it asks me to set up the regional and language options, then it just sits there in a loop (holding at 33 minutes left). Help I can't do anything but start the cycle all over again.

Old 24-10-2008

Hi, it can have a variety of reasons. But it is likely related to hardware, or a faulty CD. try another CD of the same type if you can find one.Test your random access memory (RAM) - tutorial. If it is bad, test until you determine which piece, called a stick, is faulty. Remove that stick (or those sticks) and try again.
to test your RAM Download this software here

This software tests the Random Access Memory (RAM) on your computer for errors.
Old 24-10-2008

I can do anything with the computer. It has not completely installed the xp, so as soon as I start the pc is automatically resumes set.
Old 24-10-2008

Re: Windows XP freezes during install when detecting/installing devices.HELP

Have you tried to unplug any printer? Everything that should be connected in are keyboard and mouse only.
Old 25-10-2008

All I have is the mouse, monitor and keypad plugged in.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support