Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iTunes error 4000 burning CD

Windows XP Support

Old 30-04-2005

iTunes error 4000 burning CD

This is the first time I came to Itunes after getting recommended by many of friends. Actually I installed to burn my playlist on a CD. My operating system is Windows XP and I thought it is good lite software for the same. Seems like I was wrong. Whenever I click on Burn , it gets cancelled with an error saying ?unknown Error 4000?.

I don?t know what could be the reason but as per troubleshooting I reinstalled Itunes, tried changing burning speeds, tried different data for burning, etc but yet the same result. So I tried searching forums for some help but at on of the itunes forum I found a guy saying ?haha burn in hell windows users?. Now that was something silly and cheap.

Anyways, is there anyone who can help me out with this ?

Old 30-04-2005

RE: iTunes error 4000 burning CD

Welli haven?t been through any apple product so far, hence don?t have any idea fixing this itunes problems. But I?ll suggest you to go to Apple?s community and search for the same. The one you have had visited would surely not of Apple?s official and hence they talk like such crap. You can search for some help here http://www.apple.com/itunes/jukebox.html
Old 01-05-2005

I have been through the same problem once I found the solution myself. You just need to go to Add and Remove programs, Select iTunes and Click on Change. Remember not to click on Uninstall but to click on Change and than Repair. By doing so, you tell it to reinstall iTunes as the default burner. That?s it. This will not even harm your music stored on the PC or itunes. Thugh if you want you can backup the same before going through this process.
Old 05-10-2009

Thanks for the info friend, but are you sure there use to be Change option in the Add and Remove programs ? In my PC it is just showing Uninstall button, nothing else. No repair option,.
Old 04-03-2010

Re: iTunes error 4000 burning CD

Thank You - Got The Cd Burned After Many Wasted Disc - Kudos !! :)
Old 27-06-2011

I've tried many of the solutions that worked for others without success.

What worked for me was to update QuickTime and at the next window take the update both QuickTime and iTunes option.

I love Windows! ; {
Old 10-09-2011

I finally just fixed mine by un-checking the "Include CD Text" box...THANK YOU SO MUCH to the person who posted that!! I have wasted so many CDs and time being frustrated over this!!
Old 17-03-2012

Thank you!!! I went through half a stack of blanks and two CD burners trying to figure this one out.
Old 12-11-2014

Just installed the new Itunes 12 which shows a RED icon. With it the ability to burn cd's has been removed ... support went on about protecting the artist. I was trying to burn a playlist for my Granddaughter with her fav songs to plan on her CD player. .... if you don't want to loose the ability to burn CD's, then don't upgrade!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , , ,