Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

converting .VOC files to .WAV format

Windows XP Support

Old 26-04-2005

converting .VOC files to .WAV format

I recently bought a new MP3 memory stick which has built-in MIC that I needed to record some conversations and Audio on the way. Before buying the same I confirmed with few people about the sound quality and they said its recorded audio has very good audio quality. Now its been a week I?m using this stick and have recorded several audios. Today when I connected the same on my Windows XP computer to transfer the files I came to know that the recordings are saved in .VOC extension but I need them in .WAV format.

So I wanted to know if there is any built-in tool in Windows XP which can convert the voc files in wav format without losing the audio quality. If yes, please let me know how. Many thanks for all your helps.

Old 26-04-2005

Nope, there is no such tool built-in in Windows but you can download some third party apps which will help you to convert file formats. The best I know is Voc2Wav. I have used it long ago and it is quite effective. What you need to do is Download it from web, extract the rar file. You will get two files - VOC2WAV & WAV2VOC. Double click VOC2WAV to run. It will launch a MSDOS dialog box. Now navigate to the downloaded file and at the blinking cursor type VOC2WAVE and press Enter. To Exit the DOS mode,type Exit and press Enter.
Old 06-04-2009

Hello Fanibhushan. Why dont you simply download some Audio / Video converter from web. Few i can suggest you are super video convertor or Total video converter. They use to also have audio converting features. Using these tools you can convert your files in minutes.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,