Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area

Windows XP Support

Old 23-10-2008

Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area

This is HO laptop running with Windows XP. Yesterday due to some problem I needed to restore fresh copy of Windows Image. I had created this image couple of months ago using Acronis True Image software. While trying to restore image I received an error saying something like ?Non-System Disk, Press Any Key.? At that time I fixed the error by repairing the Master Boot Record (FixMBR). Thereafter the restore process went fine.

Windows works fine no problem, but when itry shutting down the computer, it gives me Blue Screen. BSOD appears each time I turn off the system and the error code mentioned is ?stop code 00000050, Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area.?

Any idea what is this related to ? Please help.

Old 23-10-2008

Re: Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area

Well this could be either your RAM or hard Drive. Can you tell me if your original drive boots normally? If yes, then probably something went wrong in the cloning process. And in case you are getting the same error message with both of the drives, then you should test out your RAM.
Old 24-10-2008

Re: Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area

Thanks for the help friend. I figured it out, It was a bad image. I recovered from an earlier image and every thing is okay.

Help appreciated.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support