Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot decrypt a file - error occurred applying attributes to file

Windows XP Support

Old 18-10-2008

Cannot decrypt a file - error occurred applying attributes to file

I donít know how and why a file on my XP computer named oem77.CAT became encrypted. It is located at C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot\. Though Iím the only administrator of this computer Iím not able to decrypt the file. Instead it gives me an error message saying:

"error occurred applying attributes to the file"

I know this can be problem of permission which I already tried to fix. So as of now, I have no idea left what to do to get rid of this. So please help me out.

Old 20-04-2010

Re: Cannot decrypt a file - error occurred applying attributes to file

i have an encryted-file decryptor here... i bought it for $199... it works though.. It decrypted my files like in your case and got it just like before(I installed new OS and backed it up, forgetting it was encrypted(green-colored).. it doesn't require any passwords or certificates, and easy to use. I can give it to you for 50 bucks - full version.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , , ,