Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Active Desktop Recovery

Windows XP Support

Old 16-10-2008

Active Desktop Recovery

If I am turning on the computer then the desktop wallpaper has disappeared and replaced with Active Desktop Recovery despite never having used one? I have also read that it could be a problem with Internet Explorer 7 so I have reinstalled that and also according to help and support, it was said that it could be a registry problem but following the steps, it still havent solved the case? Can you tell me a way to get a standard wallpaper back? Thanks.

Old 16-10-2008

It seems to be a bug so try to get rid of it. It is noticed that it could be a Vundo variant so try to download either VundoFix 7.0.6 or Virtumonde antivirus by searching it on the net and install it.
Old 16-10-2008

Disable add-on in Internet Explorer, check the below steps:
  1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Manage Add-ons.
  3. Click the name of the add-on.
  4. Use one of the following methods:
    Click Update ActiveX to replace the add-on with the current version. This option is not available for all add-ons.
    To enable an add-on, click Enable, and then click OK.
    To disable an add-on, click Disable, and then click OK.
Old 24-05-2009

goto start page
click on run
type regedit
enter
find the rhis regestry value
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internet exporer\desktop\safemode\components
changed the DeskHtmlVersion value as zero
refresh

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: