Thread: Windows startup problem (Keyboard issue)

Windows startup problem (Keyboard issue)

My system, running with windows Xp, was working fine till last night but today when I tried booting up the same it got stuck at the start up screen and later few minutes it came up with an error saying something like :

“The system was interrupted possibly due to a power failure or the power button being pressed”

Apart from this error there were options to boot like safe mode, safe mode with networking, last know good config, etc. Over this another problem came up is my keyboard stopped working and hence I was not able to select any of these boot options. As a work around I tried connecting another keyboard to this system but ye the same result, keyboard failure.

Any suggestions or fix ?
    Last edited by skad4life; 16-10-2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Re: Windows startup problem (Keyboard issue)

Are you using a USB keyboard ? If yes, try out connecting any PS2 keyboard with your system. Many times it could be USB port problem as well that results in keyboard failure.

RE: Windows startup problem (Keyboard issue)

Well as you said you are not able to use your keyboard, what happened after 30 seconds when you get to that boot option screen? Because as far as I know there use to be a countdown timer that runs for 30 seconds and if not responded it will boot your system in normal mode?

What are you getting?

Also note that you may need to repair your system now, do you have installation disk ?

I know I have a number of 'advent' discs, but I'm not sure I have a dedicated XP disc

And thanks for suggesting PS2 keyboard. I will try to find out and see what am getting as result. Thank you.

UPDATE!

But I think I don’t need it. What I did is I made some changes in peripheral settings under my BIOS settings that made my existing keyboard working. Now I can select the options from that boot menu but it is not booting up to the desktop. As soon as it passes this boot screen, I get a BLUE SCREEN every time that flashes just for about 3 to 4 seconds and hence I am unable to write down the information written over there.

Re: Windows startup problem (Keyboard issue)

I believe if its a medion its probably got keyboard fault I have two here and they both have a different keyboard failure and when i swap them between machines they take thier own problem with them so i know its the keyboards.
    that being said think you may have deleted the boot sector or the volume identifier that's why you cant "mount the drive" see if you can find a copy of Hirens boot disc that will get you access to your PC.