Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't log on to my user accounts

Windows XP Support

Old 10-10-2008

Can't log on to my user accounts

Due to some tweaking reasons, yesterday I made few changes in Registry on my Windows XP Pro computer. The mistake I did was I dint backed up registry before making these changes. Now the problem I?m facing is whenever I try to login in my PC, it throws me out again to the logon screen.

Here is the complete scenario. There are total 4 user accounts on this system, no matter in which I try to login, as soon as I insert username and password, it accepts the same, shows me desktop for about 1 second and again logs off automatically. I?m not able to login in any of the accounts including admin account.

I don?t know what could be done to get rid of this problem. Somebody please help.

Old 10-10-2008

RE: Can't log on to my user accounts

Dont worry, there is a simple fix for the same. Restart your computer, keep hitting F8 key to bring up the Boot Menu. Select Safe Mode and boot in. Now go to Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. here restore your system to atleast 1 week earlier. It should fix the problem.

If you are not able to login in Safe Mode as well then from the same Boot Menu window select "Last Good Known Configuration" option and see if the problem appears again.

Here are some MS KB articles you may need for carrying out these processes.
Old 11-10-2008

Re: Can't log on to my user accounts

Hey Deffen, you can try this:

"How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support