Thread: Poor video quality?

Poor video quality?

I am new at using Windows Movie Maker program. I have managed to get the computer to recognize my Sony camcorder and capture video from it. My issue is that when I play back the video on my computer, then the quality is very poor. If it play in the relatively small box in the right corner of the Movie Maker screen, then the quality looks fine. But when I play back the video on my p, then the quality is very poor. When it plays in the relatively small box in the right corner of the Movie Maker screen, then the quality looks fine, but when I play my finishd movie in Media Player, the quality is very poor and the images are fuzzy. Can anyone tell me how to change any settings if there are?

Re: Poor video quality?

Which operating system you are running? When you are importing your video, a firewire connection should be the best. And when you saved the completed movie file, did you try any of the following options given in the below links:

http://tinyurl.com/s2vgu
    http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-SavingMo...mProfiles.html

Re: Poor video quality?

Thanks for responding, I am running Windows XP. I am going to try the different save options but I dont know what is firewire? I am using a usb connection to capture the video, is that an issue I have hooked a cable from my camcorder to a USB port on the computer.

The firewire gives the best resolution. And the options you select when saving your completed project are very important also. You have to check the specs of your camcorder and see if it has a IEEE-1394 FireWire output. And you will also need a IEEE-1394 input on your computer and a firewire cable as well.