Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Reset To Factory Default Settings

Windows XP Support

Old 08-10-2008

Reset To Factory Default Settings

I have a computer that came with Windows XP preinstalled. I am having an issue about the processor I think. I cannot use WMP 11 while downloading or uploading files. It keeps stalling when playing back. I have backed up all the files and I want my pc to revert to its original settings that came with it. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks.

Old 08-10-2008

Re: Reset To Factory Default Settings

Can you try to press F8 during the 'black screen' part of a restart, just after the BIOS screen. After that the menu there will probably expose the repair features included in your system. You will also lose all your saved data and settings that way. You might need to install the sound driver or some codec as well.
Old 08-10-2008

Thanks for the reply, I tried what you have suggested. Also I have backed up everything I need I wanted to go back to original settings. I have tried F8 but noticed no option in Bios to select anything. I dont mind losing everything that is left on the computer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: