Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP screen resolution change from command line ?

Windows XP Support

Old 23-09-2008

XP screen resolution change from command line ?

Is it possible to change the screen resolution in Windows XP through command line. Like using cmd. My wife is having a Windows XP pc. When she logon the current screen resolution lies around 640x480. Now I want some help here to maximize the resolution by some script file or through command prompt. Which can be done quickly. Also it is possible to keep two different screen resolution in different user account. I tried that but it did not worked. I hope there will be some kind of applications for the same.

Old 23-09-2008

No it is not not possible to set up different screen resolutions for
different users. It is the machine setting and not an account setting. Also there are no third party software available by which you can simply manage different resolutions on different systems. You have to use anyone of them and to modify the same you have to simply right click on my desktop and click on properties. That is the only way through which you can modify the screen resolution.
Old 23-09-2008

I am also trying to find some similar settings here. But not able to get anything. I thought this would be simply great to have different set of resolution on different user account. My sister is playing some games on low resolution and everytime I have to set a different resolution while she plays. So I was just looking for some software that can allow me to manage different resolution settings. But I found nothing.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,