Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't access C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings?

Windows XP Support

Old 22-09-2008

Can't access C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings?

This is Windows XP and I?m the only Administrator of this system. I went to Folder Options and enabled ?Show Hidden Files and Folders? also unchecked ?Hide protected operating system files? but still I?m not able to access C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings. However I can go to Local Settings and Application Data from RUN Command, but why not from the windows explorer? I don?t find any of these folders or their sub folders in Documents and Settings\Owner\.

I have no idea what is wrong. Can anyone please help me with this?

Old 22-09-2008

Re: Can't access C\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings?

Its true that they are hidden files but they should show up as you have made the settings to show hidden files and folders. Anyway, i'll suggest you to run chkdsk and/or scandisk. And allow them to run completely. Once done, see if you are able to access the local settings. Reply back if you still face the problem.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: