Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Trash Can in Windows XP

Windows XP Support

Old 19-09-2008

Trash Can in Windows XP

I went and threw the trash can out with the trash. I have done the right click thing and gone to Desktop and Customize with no result. I have gone and searched for the trash folder by going to Search and Run Windows desktop and looked for folders there. It was not there. I can delete things by right clicking and hitting delete. How can I get my garbage can back? How can you empty a garbage can that is not there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 19-09-2008

Re: Trash Can in Windows XP

I found a very simple and quick solution for the same. You just need to download this reg file and run on your system. This will fix the broken registry file and your Trash icon will be back.
Old 19-09-2008

Re: Trash Can in Windows XP

Restore the Desktop Recycle Bin Icon
Info: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/rec_bin.htm
Download: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/recycbin-2.reg

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: