Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how do I convert a .mov file?

Windows XP Support

Old 15-09-2008

how do I convert a .mov file?

I have a Windows XP desktop with Service Pack 3. I have a Sony Digicam as well using which we recorded some videos on the last trip. I imported all those files on my PC?s hardware and they are showing up as .mov files which is not recognized by my Movie Maker.

I want to edit them and create a movie. Can anyone please tell me which codecs do I require for the same? Many Thanks.

Old 15-09-2008

Re: how do I convert a .mov file?

The problem is not about the Codec dude, actually .MOV files are QuickTime file format and they are not compatible with Windows Movie Maker. You need to first download any good video converter like the one I suggest is ?Total Video Converter? and convert your raw .mov files to WMV format. Then import the same to Movie Maker. You wont be having any problem.
Old 24-11-2008

conversion from .mov to quick time player

hey guys, similar problem here as well. Even i face several problems trying to play videos taken by my Panasonic Lumix camera. I am not able to put them in FrontPage application so that i can embed them on my website to share with others. Please suggest any better converter tool which can help me to convert the files in proper format that can be played easily on all standard video players.
Old 03-08-2010
vzs623972

MOV to AVI Converter

I would recommend you to use Aunsoft Video Converter as the Canon MOV to AVI converter for you to easily edit HD videos on Windows Movie Maker. Besides the .mov output, you can also export Windows Media file (.wmv) for Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player.

Step 1. Load Canon mov videos to Aunsoft Video Converter.
Step 2. Choose AVI output format.
Step 3. Convert Canon MOV to AVI.
Old 04-02-2011

Soundtaxi will help you with it. Try it. It converts any media formats.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , , ,