Thread: movie maker not showing video only audio

movie maker not showing video only audio

I need some help with movie maker. I am having some videos in the camcorder. I had imported them in my pc. Now I want to use Movie Maker to create and publish single movie by combining them all. I had imported the movies. And I had changed the audio also. but there is some problem here. I can only see the videos. There are no images at all. I am stuck with the problem here. How can I create a proper movie and then simply burn it on the dvd. Any ideas.

Re: movie maker not showing video only audio

Movie maker is limited to file format. The camcorder might be having some kind of raw file format or something different that movie maker is not able to read. You have to simply convert that into a readable format and then check back. There are ample of good video convertors available on the web. You can use them to create a readable video format and then check back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue.

I will recommend you to convert those videos files in wmv. That will be more better. When you convert the same in wmv it is will be readable format and can be easily identified by the movie maker software. So that will make your job much more easier. It is essential that you must use convertor like tvc. There is a trial version also available on the web. Just create a proper video format and then test back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue.

Try to install the latest codec pack in your system. You can download klite codec pack and then check back. The package is available on the web. Once you update your system with the latest codec pack movie maker will be able to read all kinds of file format. You can then create a movie and then publish the same into mp4 or avi file format.

I am using AVS convertor here. It is one of the best converting software available and it works really fine. I had first converted the videos into wmv format. They work quiet nicely. There is no problem with the conversion. Later on I had imported them in movie maker and published the same directly on youtube. There are ample of convertors available but avs does not degrade the video quality.