Thread: Windows Keeps Rebooting and Won't Start...

Windows Keeps Rebooting and Won't Start...

Hey guys, I need some urgent help from you all. It is Windows XP Home edition which was working great until I installed Open Office. As soon as installing Open Office, my system started rebooting itself and looping. It wont reach the desktop for once also so that I can remove open office again. So far I have tried all option from the Boot Menu including Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last good known configuration, etc but still the same thing, it keeps on looping and rebooting.

Somewhere I read that we can fix this problem by running rstrui.exe while in Safe Mode with Command Prompt as it restores the system but I am not able to do the same. I thought to repair the system using Windows Setup Disk But while in Repair Mode, it was prompting me for Administrator Password which I never set on my system. And if I press enter on black password, it says "Invalid Password".

I have no ideas left. Somebody please help.

RE: Windows Keeps Rebooting and Won't Start...

Update:

I would also like to know if it is possible to access the hard drive by installing this HDD on some another computer and copy the restore files from a previous restore over the corrupted ones. Is it possible? If yes, please let me know what files do i need to copy from the previous restore and where exactly they are located?

Many thanks.

Re: Windows Keeps Rebooting and Won't Start...

Hello Achraj, yes you can connect the hard drive in other computer as a slave drive and i cnanot tell you anything about which file to be copied over because yet we dont know what is the cause of the problem, right. However what you can do is remove all external drives from the system except keyboard and mouse. By doing so we can get exact error code for the stop error. Also disable Automatic Restart on system failure which will help you to note the entire error code

Hello Walter. Who told you that i am facing Blue Screen issue? There is no blue screen or stop error code messages popping up on the screen..

Now what? Please help.

Boot to ANY command prompt in ANY fashion possible. OS Boot Disk, Floppy, USB Drive ... ANYTHING. And simply use "CHKDSK C:". This should immediately resolve the problem. STILL ... At least to me, the CAUSE of this issue is unknown.