Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware, Error Code 41

Windows XP Support

Old 26-08-2008

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware, Error Code 41

Don?t know for what reason my keyboard suddenly stopped working on this Windows XP desktop. It was working until yesterday but today morning when start the system I found the following error message on the screen: ?Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41).? And I noticed that my keyboard is not working anymore.

As per troubleshooting I used its onscreen keyboard, went to device manager. Rolled backup, updated drivers but no success. I even tried booting the system with ?Last Known Good Configuration? from the boot menu but yet the same result. Keyboard just wont work.

Let me tell you that this problem has occurred earlier also with the PS2 keyboard. It stopped working with Code 19 and now its Code 41 with the USB keyboard. I don?t know what else to do. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Old 26-08-2008

re: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware, Error Code 41

Hello Fatmeer, just try out the following steps. See if it helps you. First of all if you have more than one device listed in device manager, you will need to uninstall them all except one. In order to do this, boot in to Safe Mode > Device Manager and "Uninstall" all devices listed in "Keyboards". Right click on the listed device and click "Uninstall" in the popup menu. Close out of Device Manager back to your desktop.

Open either Explorer or MyComputer. Expand to and delete the contents of:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username Folder\Local Settings\Temp
Click once in the right pane.
Press ctrl+a.
Press the Delete key.

C:\Windows\Temp
Press ctrl+a.
Press the Delete key.

C:\Windows\Prefetch
Press ctrl+a.
Press the Delete key.

Close out of Explorer/MyComputer back to your desktop and reboot.Windows should redetect the USB Keyboard and reinstall drivers for it. Let me know the results.
Old 24-12-2008

re: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware, Error Code 41

This solution worked for the guy who suggested it and it worked for me. Having the exact same problem described here with error code 41 and working keyboard (usb and ps2) up until windows loads drivers. I didn't even delete the Upper Filters entry, just the mention of lxsassc.exe.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/4...de-41-a-2.html

Very last posting listed as solved.

(Quoted Text)
"I solved my problem by removing an item from the UpperFilters for the keyboard in the registry. It's under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
There was an entry for keykey which was leftover from spyware removal action."

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,