Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't capture or import video using Windows Movie Maker

Windows XP Support

Old 22-08-2008

Can't capture or import video using Windows Movie Maker

I am facing problem with Windows Movie Maker. It is not able to capture a video from camcorder. It is connected and detected in Windows Movie Maker. Also I can see video but somehow it looks the tool is unable to capture video at all. While there is some other movie editing software also available. They are working well with the camcorder. I want to use movie maker due to some internal options which are not available in other movie editing software. I checked inside the settings and preferences and unable to find anything related.

Old 18-03-2013

Re: Can't capture or import video using Windows Movie Maker

Can be some kind of encoding problem with Movie Maker. You will need to ensure that you have all latest updates installed in your system. You can try importing videos in movie maker. But you have to check that the file format must be readable. Or else movie maker will not identify the same. You have to use a common output standard for video files. Movie Maker is limited to some video format while other video editor software can simply read everything.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,