Thread: Safe Mode: Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys

Safe Mode: Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys

I am running a Windows XP system with Service Pack 3. It is working good in Normal mode but due to some i reason i need to enter Safe Mode. When i restart the PC and press F8 to enter Safe Mode, it starts loading drivers and get stuck at a stage saying: "Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys"

This is happening from last two days. I am just unable to enter Safe Mode. Is there any way i can make settings so that Safe Mode doesn't even attempts to load SPTD.sys? If yes, please let me know soon. I dont want to disable the service in normal mode. Please suggest any alternate way.

Actually spdt.sys is a part from Daemon Tools and not any Windows Service. Hence what you need to do is either simply uninstall the DaemonTools OR click its system tray icon to disable its auto-start feature from Normal Mode. Once done, reboot the system and try to boot in Safe Mode. It will not stuck again.

Re: Safe Mode: Press ESC to cancel loading SPTD.sys

As a first-time visitor to this site from what I've read it is apparent that YOU people are the ones who are being rude. I created an account just to give my opinion. He/she was simply asking how to disable SPTD.SYS. It does not matter what service it is associated with. Several of you then jumped down his throat for no reason.

You people are pathetic. If you do not want to offer help then just do not click on the reply button. You are fortunate that I had not logged in here and asked a similar question. My response would not have been anywhere near as kind as ju.c.

Save the bandwidth on any replies to this message. I will not be logging back in to read them. I found the answer I was looking for concerning SPTD.SYS on a more friendly forum.