Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

Windows XP Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-08-2008
Ren
 
Posts: n/a
BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

Memory management

0x0000001a (0x00041284 0x0536E001 0x000036BC 0xc0503000)

Is a BSOD error i get, haven't done much to the computer... its been
recently reformated and a new HDD where C: stays.

Currently using:

Microsoft Winsows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
3.02GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

P.S. Any other information required please tell me how to get them (Im not
very computer fluent, but hey i try)

Thanks for any feedback and help =D!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2008
Muzafar Ganie
 
Posts: n/a
RE: BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

Hi Ren,

R U able to boot to the desktop
-when we are getting that message

-if u r able to boot to the desktop then try to follow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929338

otherwise:

you can try to boot the computer in last known good configuration or in safe
mode

->steps hoe to boot the computer in safe mode or last known good configuration


To use a Last known good configuration or Safe Boot option, follow these
steps:

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On
a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you
can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
2. Select an option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then
press ENTER.
3. When the Boot menu appears again, and the words "Safe Mode" appear in
blue at the bottom, select the installation that you want to start, and then
press ENTER.


step 3:

try to unplug all the external device(except mouse,keyboard and monitor)
then restart the computer

Muzafar



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2008
Ren
 
Posts: n/a
RE: BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

Yes i am able to go to desktop (Im on the thing now :P)

I read the article you supplied, thankks alot!

But it says SP2? will it have any adverse difference if i use sp2?


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2008
Ren
 
Posts: n/a
RE: BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

appologies, im using SP3 (typo)

"Ren" wrote:

> Yes i am able to go to desktop (Im on the thing now :P)
>
> I read the article you supplied, thankks alot!
>
> But it says SP2? will it have any adverse difference if i use sp2?
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2008
Muzafar Ganie
 
Posts: n/a
RE: BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)


Hi ren,

yes service pack 3 alread contain these two types you can check the follow
link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

you can try to put the systen on clean boot and check

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/en-us


Check the following link:

Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

It may be the problem with the driver of the device and you may have to
update the drivers.

Muzafar



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2008
Kayman
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:01:00 -0700, Ren wrote:

> Memory management
>
> 0x0000001a (0x00041284 0x0536E001 0x000036BC 0xc0503000)
>
> Is a BSOD error i get, haven't done much to the computer... its been
> recently reformated and a new HDD where C: stays.
>
> Currently using:
>
> Microsoft Winsows XP
> Professional
> Version 2002
> Service Pack 3
>
> Intel(R)
> Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
> 3.02GHz, 1.00GB of RAM
>
> P.S. Any other information required please tell me how to get them (Im not
> very computer fluent, but hey i try)


TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php

Extract troubleshooting info from Windows XP BSOD error messages
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6053684.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-08-2008
Ren
 
Posts: n/a
RE: BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

Thanks everyone and espeacially Muzafar.

The new HDD is probably the case (its sucking more juice when i didnt have
it before). So ill look into getting a new PS.

Thanks everyone!

"Muzafar Ganie" wrote:

>
> Hi ren,
>
> yes service pack 3 alread contain these two types you can check the follow
> link
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480
>
> you can try to put the systen on clean boot and check
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/en-us
>
>
> Check the following link:
>
> Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD
>
> It may be the problem with the driver of the device and you may have to
> update the drivers.
>
> Muzafar
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-08-2008
Gerry
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)

Does the error occur if you boot to safe mode?

Background information on Stop Error message
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793589.aspx

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or
software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist
above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode
process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not
have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was
too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that
have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)
Source: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? Right click on
the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties,
Hardware,Device Manager. If yes what is the Device Error code?

Try Start, Run, type "sigverif.exe" without quotes and hit OK. What
drivers are listed as unsigned? Disregard those which are not checked.


--



Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren wrote:
> appologies, im using SP3 (typo)
>
> "Ren" wrote:
>
>> Yes i am able to go to desktop (Im on the thing now :P)
>>
>> I read the article you supplied, thankks alot!
>>
>> But it says SP2? will it have any adverse difference if i use sp2?



Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "BSOD: Memory management - 0x0000001a (Windows XP)"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Many BSOD,s mostly memory management Pfn list corrupt and others kamiszful Windows Software 2 28-01-2012 12:35 PM
"Memory Management" BSOD can't find the source Zweena Windows Software 5 13-08-2010 02:32 AM
Stop 0x0000001a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD Diamondlod Vista Help 13 10-06-2009 03:20 AM
There is hope for BSOD 0x0000001A rogerlebo Vista Help 2 01-05-2009 04:53 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:47 AM.