Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator

Windows XP Support

Old 08-08-2008

Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator

It seems to me a virus issue. But my task manager disabled with the error message after that since I removed the virus/spyware manually. I have searched on the net for some solutions, and followed all steps to reset the Windows registry value to 0 for this reg key - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System DisableTaskMgr. It didnt work and the registry value always revert backs to 1. Please help

Old 09-08-2008

You might be having some dangerous spyware on your pc. The reason it disables the task manager is because that way you cannot stop the spyware from running by killing the process. You need to find the spyware somehow. Did you try to run HijackThis?
Old 13-02-2009

for me nothing happen in that i need urgent solution my task manager and regedit has been disabled im very think that it is a virus how to remove that annoying virus when i installed nba task manager has been disabled i delete my nba and the virus is still there when i want to install live messenger the virus is still there the virus is disabling my task manager and regedit i try hijack i try all in about nothings happen i needed badly please help me please

Download RRT tool

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,