Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

video too fast or jerky, no audio

Windows XP Support

Old 01-08-2008

video too fast or jerky, no audio

I have installed Windows XP media center editions with SP3 on dell desktop and am getting some issues that looks to happen randomly and all at same time. If I am trying to play dvd using media center there is no audio and dvd runs like it is in fast forward. When I play the same dvd using Power DVD software, then there is no audio and dvd runs jerky. If I play music in WMP 11 then there is no audio and progress bar runs like fast forward. Any ideas?

Old 02-08-2008

Re: video too fast or jerky, no audio

Have you tried to do a System Restore and checked if that is working.
Old 02-08-2008

I have not done that yet. I will try to do the System Restore and see if it works or not. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2008

The issue happened again, so I tried to restart the computer and everything started working properly. I will keep a check to see if I can notice any cause of this issue. Thanks.
Old 13-09-2008

Hello,

I have had this exact same problem for months now. This happened way before SP3 came out. I use WMC edition on a Dell XPS400 desktop. No matter what media player I use, there is no sound and the video plays at full speed. After a restart, it plays normally with sound, but soon reverts back to no sound and super fast playback. All drivers are up to date as far as I can tell. The only answer I've gotten to understand the problem is that when the sound goes out, there is no longer a clocking mechanism to determine the speed of video playback, so the video plays back at maximum speed by default. The mystery is why this happens, why a restart corrects it, and why the problem returns after a short while. If the drivers or codecs were bad, it would never work, so that can't be the reason. I have sigmatel high definition audio. I also have Logitech video/microphone (maybe this is causing a conflict?). I've gone back and forth between both audio components, but no effect. I've tried adjusting the hardware acceleration tab without any effect. I have Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) Tuner 1 and Tuner 2, but since the problem stems from the sound, I'm really at a loss at what to do. Any help with this would be a huge relief.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: