Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DVD does not play on DVD player

Windows XP Support

Old 01-08-2008

DVD does not play on DVD player

I had created a DVD for images. I am using Windows Movie Maker here. I am having some vacation photos. There are around 300 images. Using Movie Maker I had created a simple slide show. I burned the video files in a DVD. But as I insert that in dvd player it is not working. I cannot see anything on the screen. I think this would be the most easiest way to playing images on a TV. What can I do here to fix this.

Old 01-08-2008

RE: DVD does not play on DVD player

Your DVD is not able to play the files because it is not a proper readable format. It is necessary that you must use some other tool or use a good video convertor to convert the format that your dvd can read. You can find the supported formats in the specification of DVD player. Mp4, or .dat files are quiet commons. Ample of DVD players have marking on them about the file format. Just convert the movie maker files into some common video format and then burn.
Old 01-08-2008

Re: DVD does not play on DVD player

Try imgburn. This is a tiny tool that can directly burn the images on a DVD. There is no need to create any kind of movie. Just burn them and then you can play them as a slideshow on your Tv. It is one of the best and easiest way to burn all the photos on a optical disc. I had used this a number of time for my project work and it worked fine. There is no problem at all. The tool is available for free download.
Old 01-08-2008

Re: DVD does not play on DVD player

The reason why the files are not working on DVD is because Windows Movie Maker cannot create dvd format. It will just give you format which is readable on your pc. The best tool for this kind of work in Nero. It has a image slideshow burner by which you can create a bootable dvd with images. And there is no issue with the same. It works really nice. It can give you ample of options in creating a proper dvd with some extra effects. Just try this out.
Old 01-08-2008

There are numerous tools. It is better you skip using Movie Maker. You can use DVD Flick. A very tiny and easy to use software for playing image slideshow on your pc. And there is no problem at all. It works fine without much issue. Nero can help you here if you are not willing to stop using Movie Maker. Just install Nero in your pc. Then click on Create DVD. In that choose the movie maker file and then follow the screen instructions. Nero will automatically convert the files to a readable format.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,