Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Add/Remove Programs choice missing from Control Panel

Windows XP Support

Old 28-07-2008

Add/Remove Programs choice missing from Control Panel

If I am trying to open Control Panel the add and remove programs doesnt appear. I know that its there somewhere because I can run appwiz.cpl and it appears. Can anyone tell me a way to restore it to the control panel list? Thanks.

Old 28-07-2008

Re: Add/Remove Programs choice missing from Control Panel

You can try to right click a blank spot in the control panel folder and then New and then Shortchut and then put 'appwiz.cpl' in the command and name it "Add or Remove Programs". Hope this helps.
Old 29-07-2008

Thanks but I dont know why new is not appeating when right clicking blank spot? Please help.
Old 29-07-2008

You can try to install a 3rd party software called MyUninstaller which will be able to remove the software that you want. Download it by searching it on the net.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: