Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Simulator X MSXML 4 SP2 Problem

Flight Simulator X MSXML 4 SP2 Problem

I got some issues installing Flight Simulator X on my fully updated Windows XP SP2 workstation. This game Flight Simulator X fails to put SimConnect.cat, SimConnect.dll and SimConnect.Manifest in the "C:\Windows\WinSxS" and "Manifests" directories, but searching the web many, many users are having the same issues. But I have now fixed this problem and setup completes successfully. If I am trying to run the Flight Simulator X shortcut on desktop then I get the below error message:

"The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair this missing component".

Any fixes for this issue?

Can you try to install MS XML SP2 directly from the below link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=19662

But before you install it, you may want to check your add and remove programs menu to uninstall any previous version which may cause this conflict. If that doesnt work then you can try to repair Windows and see if that helps.

Re:Flight Simulator X MSXML 4 SP2 Problem

I am also having the same error message. Have you tried to get your Flight Simulator X to work? I am running Windows XP SP2 and I have got the MSXML 4 SP2 (KB927978), MSXML 4 SP2 Parser and SDK, and MSXML 6 installed. Can anyone please help. Thanks

I could fix *** problem

I am brazilian and my english isn't very good, but I will try to explayn the things that have to be made! It's very easy!

1-Download this file:

2-Save it to the game's folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X).

3-There is already a file with this name so delete it before downloading it to the game's folder.

If your problem was not solved, download this file:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...-US/msxml4.EXE and install it.

If you have some questions, just post it here!

I think have helped, Sorry for my English!

Re: Flight Simulator X MSXML 4 SP2 Problem

Will this work with my problem before i start downloading stuff? my simular problem is: I have recently reformatted my computer, my O.S. is XP-PRO, SP3 Corporate Edition w/updates, kaspersky internet security 2009,intel pentiun4 3ghz.
    im trying to install a downloaded version of "microsoft Flight Simulator X" (Razor 1911), but near the end i get this message: ("TheMSXML4 SP2 component is not installed,please reinstall Flight Sim. to restor or repair this missing component").
    ive tried downloading "MSXML4 SP2" from microsoft but to no avail. i tried downloading
    "msxml4.manifest" and putting into folder,tried downloading sp1 update from sim site, but still no luck still get message. have uninstalled and re-installed around 5 times, each time running Ccleaner to clean registry and "reg scrub xp", then defrag system before each install. could someone please give me some directions on how to get this fixed please?
    i had no problem when my operating system was only updated with sp2. very frustrated please help.
    thanks for your time

ps already previously downloaded both of those files. still dont work. everything on my computer works flawlessly except this.

i had to edit this post again!.. i looked in my windows system32 folder and i show a : msxml4.dll and its version 4.20.9870.0
    Last edited by lowrunner; 03-03-2009 at 07:54 PM.

I just got this working so I'm gonna post what I hope is the definitive solution to the MSXML4 issue.

I tried pasting someone else's msxml4.manifest into a new text file but that didn't work. I'm not sure why but the best solution seems to be:

1. Install and patch as normal. Confirm that you still have the "The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair this missing component" error.

2. Locate the msxml4.manifest file and rename it to msxml4.manifest.bak or something like that. If your issue is like mine, this file is over 300k and full of binary junk. The good version should be tiny and have just a few lines of xml.

2. Download and install the FSX demo from Microsoft.

3. Confirm that the demo works fine on your computer.

4. Locate the msxml4.manifest file in your FSX Demo directory. Note that this file is about 1k and opening it up in a text editor shows a few lines of xml.

5. Copy/paste the msxml.manifest file to your full version directory.

6. Click and enjoy.

after 3 months of searching i think i have the solution for msxml4 and flight simulator x fsx.

First of all you don't have to download anything from microsoft or anywhere and you don't have to change anything about msxml4.manifest...everything you need is on fsx installation dvd...

The problem is that fsx needs the version 4.20.9818 of msxml4.dll which is an old version considering that the game is 2-3 years old...So if you have a newer version of this file e.g. 4.20.9854,4.30.1000...etc and generally every version above 4.20.9818 that's the problem!!!

When you install fsx on your pc,fsx also tries to install the correct version of msxml4.But as soon as you have a newer version of msxml4 nothing is installed...So when you try to run fsx it finds a newer version of msxml4 and gives you the error that msxml4 component is not install...etc which is really installed but not the specific version that fsx needs.

The solution is to locate the file msxml4.dll in your hard disk(c:\windows\system32) and check the version that you have...(if you have problem with fsx i'm sure that you will have a version above 4.20.9818...)

Move this file to your desktop,or just rename it.Go to control panel-add/remove programs and remove msxml4.Then go to the fsx dvd and find and run "msml.msi".Restart your pc and run the game....

If the problem is still there go to c:\windows\system32 and also remove or rename the files msxml4a.dll and msxml4r.dll.Install msxml.msi from fsx dvd again and restart your pc again.Run the game and everything should be ok...The version of these 2 files that i have and the game works is 4.10.9404

That's all....and congratulations to microsoft who made a game that works only with a specific old version of msxml4 and not with newer versions...It is stupid but that's microsoft!!
    Last edited by yia_tse1; 17-08-2009 at 07:15 PM.

The only change I have is that I don't have the msxmla.dll - at all.
    All tried all day reading and searching.. Final i got this.
    the real problem is in Vulnerabilities in Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 SP2
    you have to download the update " msxml4-KB925672-enu "

I've been having this problem for almost a week, and despite searching all over the web and trying out everything suggested (including what's on this thread), I still couldn't solve the problem.

This morning I was almost randomly installing fixes from Microsoft related to MSXML4.0, and the last one I tried finally worked for me.

The fix is Security Update for MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430). Here are the instructions:

1) Go to Control Panel, then to 'Add or Remove Programs'. When the list loads up, find anything related to "Microsoft MSXML 4.0", and uninstall it.

2) Dowload msxml4-KB954430-enu.exe from the Microsoft site.

3) When it's downloaded, open the installer. Do not install directly; first, click on Modify. On that screen, you'll notice the component listed as "SDK" is not set to be installed. Click on it, and select the first option. Now proceed with the install.

That should be it. After doing this, I could run FSX.

Now, since I did a LOT of things trying to fix this problem, I'm not 100% sure this will work for a clean install of FSX. There might be some other part of the fix that is required.

for fix that problem you just have to download this program
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
    & before you install qo to control panel-add/remove program and uninstall anything it says microsoft sxl now install your download and qo to the second option where you see (X) change that to the first option then you click next And fsx is ready to use.

Quote Originally Posted by spreilly View Post
    IT is still not working!
    it doesnt work?

Quote Originally Posted by rjackson1995 View Post
    for fix that problem you just have to download this program
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
    & before you install qo to control panel-add/remove program and uninstall anything it says microsoft sxl now install your download and qo to the second option where you see (X) change that to the first option then you click next And fsx is ready to use.
    IT is still not working!

no, it still says "The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair this missing component".

I GOT IT TO WORK! **** YEAH!

I opened FSX Disk 2 (explored/viewed files), went to:

E: (as in the disk)\program files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X

Copied everything to:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Ran it and BOOM! it works!

Check flightsimulationforums.com under FSX/FS9 Hints Tips, Tricks, etc. I created a sticky on how to fix this error

I hope this may be of help.

I have just started to install FSX on a new PC running Win 7 Home P. I installed FSX and at the end of the instal saw the MSXML4 SP2 missing message. I tried running Repair but that did not work (I have yet to find out what Repair does.)

Having read this post I serched my installed FSX folder and found 4 versions of MSXML4. All were version 4.10.9404.0; 2 were dated 06/11/2010 and 2 were dated 04/02/2002.

I closed down FSX and searched the FSX Disk 2 for the MSXML file. Once I found it I opened and ran it, an Installation window opened - I selected All. A mesage appeared "Installation failed". I selected Ignore and the installation was then OK.

I have now run FSX from the Desktop icon and all is now OK.

Good luck!

hi all
    i've just found the way.
    First check at folder "windows/system32" find the version of file "msxml4.dll"
    and "msxml4r.dll". For my pc,winxp sp3, it was -> SP3 4.30.2100.0 .
    Then go to download msxml4 SP3 and install it without to remove the old version and no restart.
    Check at "control panel" will see version of SP3 4.30.2100.0.
    Then goto "FSX" folder and edit with notepad of the file "msxml4.manifest".
    Just change the version number, old version is 4.20.9818.0, that appear in two line.
    Finished ,your're cleared for take off.

sorry for my english grammar.

I tried most of the fixes the only 1 that worked 4 me was to swap msxml4 with the 1 with the demo. Unlocked the whole game but about 20 mins playing I recieved "trial over plz register and it wants a key... lost my old booklet with keys and all. any fresh ideas. anyway you can tweak the msxml4 from the demo to work with the full version?

Hi,I'm Yezirun from China,using my poor English,done this problem can you.

Step 1:Installed MSXML 4 SP2.
    Open at <?>:\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
    Step 2:Edit the files of "msxml4.manifast" with Windows notepad
    Step 3:copy these codes and cover it all previously own
    [codes quote]:
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?>
    <assembly xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1' manifestVersion='1.0'>
    <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.MSXML2' version='4.20.9818.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6bd6b9abf345378f' />
    </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.MSXML2R' version='4.1.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6bd6b9abf345378f' />
    </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>
    </assembly>
    Step 4:Save and quit,now you can enjoy it.

If something still goes wrong,please contect the E-mail: yezirun@qq.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast