Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Quicktime and Windows XP Professional 64

Windows x64 Edition

Old 23-05-2008

Quicktime and Windows XP Professional 64

What are the possible way by which you can install QuickTime in Windows XP 64bit. There are tons of thing I had tried but nothing worked out. I am yet stucked with the same. I had seen some threads which says that Windows Vista has ability to run it, but what about XP. There must be some kind of method which would be helpful in running the same in XP.

Old 23-05-2008

There is one thing you can try. Search for Quicktime alternative. This is some kind of decoder use to run Quicktime videos. It is available for free download. Once you install the same you will be able to run quicktime videos on IE and your favorite media player also. Somehow it is not possible for Apple to provide a better quicktime support for 64bit Windows.
Old 24-05-2008

I am sure that Apple is not at all going to give Quicktime support for Windows XP. Compared to that you are right that it works well in Windows Vista 64-bit. Only because of that reason I upgraded my system to Vista 64bit and it worked. But still it is buggy. When you run a online Quictime video you cannot find the buttons nor the menus. Nothing work. Not even you can re-size the browser window. There is a major compatibility issue which lies and which affects the same most.
Old 06-02-2009

Re: Quicktime and Windows XP Professional 64

Did you tried the compatibility mode in Windows XP. You will need minimum Windows XP SP2. It is not going to work on the older edition. Somehow due to compatibility preferences I am able to view Quicktime files in Windows. I am using Firefox instead of IE. It has certain support for switching compatibility mode.
Old 14-11-2009

Quicktime alternative is not working on my Windows XP 64bit system. I had tried to install that a number of time. I do not know what happens. My browser is also Firefox. I am going to try that compatibility mode soon. I hope that would help a lot in many ways.
Old 16-11-2009

What about those download website. I had seen many popular download website offer a Quicktime 64bit download. And it is included inside Windows Vista 64bit Codec Package. I am not at all confident to run the setup. I am presuming that this is going to work. Does anyone has tried the same. This will be a bit far more better if this really worked.
Old 17-03-2010

thankssssss
Old 09-10-2011

I was going in circles trying to delete "mp4" files - finally figured out Quicktime had to be uninstalled first to get rid of them (particularly if its included in your start-up menu. I also got rid of a bunch of toolbars I learned were recording my keystrokes even when I THOUGHT they were dormant. Now, I've tried to redownload Quicktime and it's giving me the gears.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , ,