Thread: Run Adobe Premiere Elements on Vista 64 bit system

Run Adobe Premiere Elements on Vista 64 bit system

I have a 64-bit Laptop. I am trying to run Adobe Premiere Elements in my system which is not working. I got the setup from my office pc. There is disc which I had installed before and it worked. My system is Windows XP. When I verified I found that it is a 32bit software. So in 64bit the 32bit works usually. I am using 32bit edition of Office 2007, and many other tools. Adobe Premiere Elements installed properly but when I launch it, the same crashes. Does anyone has idea about the same how I can fix it.

Re: Run Adobe Premiere Elements on Vista 64 bit system

I have a Windows Vista 64bit system and I am trying doing the same. I am using a older edition of Adobe Premiere Elements. It is working file when I just upgraded that and everything went wrong. The software is not starting at all. I had also tried to run that on a Windows XP 64-bit system. But on that too it is not working. It looks the new edition has some bug related to 64bit platform. I cannot downgrade now, because I do not have the setup with me. I had seen on other forums, that this application has major compatibility error with 64bit edition while it works well with 32bit system. I tried contacting Adobe also, but nothing found there. I checked all the options available under compatibility mode. Nothing worked. Now the only option that remains here is to dual boot my system and add a 32bit OS.

I had contact Adobe for the same issue. They say it will work, but it is not confirmed that the application is stable. So this looks a clear indication that Adobe Premiere does not support a 64bit OS. Dual boot is another hectic solution where you have to arrange the disc and then run the setup. Or else configuring the same on Vmware might help.

I too am having the same problem while trying to run Adobe Premiere Elements.
    This is the second time that I have tried to install APE 3.0 on x64 W/Vista.
    Each time the same thing happens, my computer freezes up and the only way that I am able to take control back is, by manual shut-down.

Sorry that I cannot offer any support or advice, but I too am looking for a solution to this problem and look forward to any post on this subject.

This is my first visit to this forum and this post just happened to catch my eye. I'm taking delivery of a new Dell PC tomorrow which runs 64 bit Vista. My prior experience has been with Windows XP (32 bit). I'm researching whether my Adobe Photoshop Elements ver. 6 will run under 64 bit Vista. According to Microsoft, it won't. Surprisingly, since my Microsoft Office 2003, which I owned prior to Photoshop Elements, will run, according to the Microsoft website on Vista compatibility. At this point, my remedy may apply to your issue as well. It is possible (and not difficult, I understand) to use the tools Vista provides to partition the hard drive and create a "dual-boot" configuration with Windows XP 32 bit being the bootable operating system in the other partition. That partition would house all of that older software which will not run under 64 bit Vista. Partitions can be set up and managed using software such as Partition Magic or Acronis Disk Director, and there are others. This arrangement will allow us to run old and new software to our hearts' content. The other option would be to downgrade the whole system to 32 bit Win XP. Which may not be compatible with the rest of the hardware on the system, since, being a new system, "roll back drivers" will probably not be an option.

I'll bookmark this forum since I'm curious as to what suggestions others might have.

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv4-1431us laptop running Vista x64 Home Premium. I own and wanted to install Adobe PSE6.

The first attempt at an install, by simply inserting the disk and following the normal procedure, resulted in the computer locking up before the install was complete. Recovery involved manually turning the computer off, booting in safe mode, and doing a restore point. I would not recommend trying this.

The second attempt worked perfectly and here is how I did it:

Photoshop Elements 6.0 On Windows Vista x64
    • Copy the files from the original CD to the hard disk
    • Right Click on “Autoplay.exe” wherever the files are stored on hard disk
    • Click the “Compatibility” tab
    • Under Compatibility Mode, check “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
    • In the box below this selection, select “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)”
    • Click “Apply”
    • Click the Start button and type “msconfig” in the search box and press enter
    • Select “Selective Startup”
    • Click on the “Startup” tab
    • Click on “Disable All”
    • Click on the “Services” tab
    • Check “Hide all microsoft services”
    • Click on “Disable All”
    • Click on “OK”
    • Reboot
    • Goto wherever the CD files are stored on hard disk and right click on “Autoplay.exe”
    • Select “Run as Administrator” (make sure you have administrator privileges)

Hopefully the program will install as normal from here on

• After install, don’t forget to change boot back to normal using msconfig

Hope this helps someone out there.

PS: Sorry, I realize now that I posted this in the wrong place as this column is "Premiere Elements" and the above procedure applies to "Elements". I do own Premiere Elements 4.0 and plan to attempt installation using the same procedure as above, but I haven't done so yet. If anyone tries before I do, please let us know if it works.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Last edited by rick53; 24-09-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Has enough time past since these posts?

I recently purchased Premere Elements 8 and noticed that the more memory my PC has the smoother the problem runs. Since 32 bit system can only see 3 GB of ram no matter how much you have installed, I have been looking at a 6GB ram unit with the new 64 bit (windows 7) OS

Maybe all the bugs have been worked out by now? I noticed must post are using older versions of Adobe Premere Elements and some post are actually photoshop.

Do you know this Software? ( Adobe Premere Elements 8) If so, what is the answer to the question

Upgrade to the 64 bit version Windows 7 for this software to run better?