Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Not enough server storage is available to process this command

Windows x64 Edition

Old 15-05-2008

Not enough server storage is available to process this command

Something is going wrong with my system running Windows Server 2003 x64 bit edition with Service Pack 2. Whenever i am trying to copy large files over 100MB in size than copying process gets failed in between saying "Cannot copy file.exe: Not enough server storage is available to process this command". I have gone through some threads where similar issue was mentioned and have tried tweaking registry entry for IRPStacksize - 20, 40, 50 but that's not making any difference and i get same error message again and again for files over 100MB. Has anyone else faced something like that or has any idea for fixing it?

Old 15-05-2008

I have checked out for the issue you are facing and have found that this error is caused by different thing's. It can occur if one of your system resources starts running out, if something is wrong with network settings and others. I will like to inform you that Paged Pool is one of the most common suspect for causing this error. In that case you can go through this article for understanding and changing Paged Pool. If that doesn't make any difference in your case than you can try Disabling TCP chimney, RSS and TCPA and for that you can follow below steps:
  • Go to Start > Run > Type "Regedit" without quote and hit enter
  • Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters registry subkey,Right-click EnableTCPChimney and click on Modify.Now in Value data box, type 0 and click on ok,
  • Do same thing for EnableRSS and EnableTCPA as well, Once you have changed their values to "0" close Registry editor and Restart your Server and carry out your copying task.
I think one of the above solution should help you out but in case you have any query further than you can feel free to ask.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , ,