Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with WindowsVista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

Windows x64 Edition

Old 02-02-2008

2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with WindowsVista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

I am not able to get 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security working with Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3. It seems as if its not compatible with Vista SP1 and XP SP3. I was getting alert message saying "Trend Micro Internet Security Message: Your Unauthorized Change Prevention Service has shut down. Try restarting Trend Micro Internet Security to restore Your Unauthorized Change Prevention Service. If the problem persists, please restart your computer. If you continue to receive this warning, please contact Technical Support.". Currently i have deleted both 2007 and 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security from my system. I dont know why Microsoft is selling non-working software when they are not compatible with new service packs. I dont know when Microsoft will come up with "working" version of their Trend Micro Internet Security for Vista SP1 and XP SP3. I really cant wait long and they wont even refund me my money. What should i do??

Old 02-02-2008

Re: 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible withWindows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

The error that you have mentioned comes up if one has 16.05 version of Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, Trend Micro Internet Security and Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 installed in their system running on Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3. Many people have reported this issue to Microsoft and they have said they will come up with working version by this month itself. If you are using Trend Micro program version 16.05 and you're willing to use latest version of it then you will have to uninstall non- working service pack from Microsoft. If you dont want to do that than you will probably have to wait for Microsoft. There's no other option you will be able to try out.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , , ,