Thread: Want some help to run Apache on x64 version

Want some help to run Apache on x64 version

I need some help to install Apache on Linux system. I am not able configure the same on a 64bit system. I had tried to install but it is not working. I do not know why. There was a 32bit edition installed before and I had removed the same completely. There is a Windows system available in my office. It has 64bit edition of Windows and I want to install the same on that. I tried to search some information on the web that says that there is no 64bit edition version available for Apache.

Try WAMP. There is a 64bit edition available for the same. It is a complete package that comes with Apache, PHP and SQL. It offers you a virtual environment to run a localhost web server. Going for the manual setup can be complicated for you. You can still try by finding a good guide that can give you each and every step for the installation. There are tons of virtual servers that are available on web. You can try any of them and use it for localhost testing.

You can download the 64bit binaries from the official site of Apache. Once you are done with the setup you have to run patches to make it stable or else it is would be of not use. There are chances that you might face issue with configuration on x64 system, but with those patches you can make it stable. Using WAMP is a kind of good idea. This allow you to work with a virtual environment and you can simply remove it when it is not needed.