Thread: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

I am looking for some guide that can help me to connect my iPhone or iPod device on 64-bit Windows. My uncle just bought a new one and when he hook the same to his laptop nothing happens. How would I be able to transfer music in that. The same is applicable for iPhone. If the iPod is not working, I am sure the issue lies with iPhone also. I am willing to buy one. But due to this issue I would better skip the decision. I hope here will be people who are using this on Windows. But remember that I need solution for 64-bit OS.

It works but never tested. To transfer data in that you need iTunes. You can visit apple website to locate the download. I had not checked, but there will be a 64bit edition available. Download and that install it. Next time when you connect your iPod or iPhone you will be able to transfer songs and videos. iTunes is a kind of PC Suite software for Apple devices. If you cannot find the 64bit edition of iTunes, then you can also install the 32bit edition. This will also work quiet fine.

updating problems

There are some tutorials on web that would guide you for the same. But adding iTunes is more better and easier. I have one Windows Vista system. I am using iTunes on that and it work fine. You need to connect the device until iTune recognize it. You can update your phone and run backup also.

I think Apple can help you here. You can contact them to find what you need. It is necessary to locate the right drivers before connecting it on your Windows device or else it will not work. Most of the time running iTunes does the job, but you must still ensure with Apple guys. They will guide you for the same. There are certain tricks that I had seen on web which has a bit complicated procedure of running iTunes on Windows 64bit edition. It would be far more complicated and that is the reason I am not providing any solution from here.

You need right drivers for that. There is a apple mobile usb drivers which helps iTunes to recognize the device. I am not sure whether iTunes package comes with the driver or not. But installing that does the job. There is nothing else you need to do again. Install iTunes and Quicktime and then check back.

Re: Make your iPod/iPhone work in XP x64

Why does Apple does not use something like Windows. A driver files or something similar to that. I had seen a number of hardware comes with Windows compatible driver disc. You just need to run the setup and that's all. Once you do that, the hardware is identified and it works. While this thing is entirely different with Apple. It is a bit more complicated procedure here and there is quiet less information available on the web.

I had did this a number of times. First when I was not aware I had installed iTunes for more than 10 times. I remove and add it back. Later on I downloaded apple usb mobile driver from somewhere and then also it was not detected. It looks ample of Apple software not at all compatible with Windows. There should be something separate and easier for Windows which can allow people to move songs easily.
    Last edited by spyhunter39; 08-07-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Well guys I HATE Ipods now. I bought one last X-mass and never really cared too much for its interface. I am not a big fan of Microsoft so I was fighting the ZUNE band wagon. I never liked the Xbox so I figured the Zune would be just as bad. WELL I was WRONG the Zune kicks BUTT and has NO ISSUES with XP 64 and works with out all of these issues. I still have an Ipod 2 gig and can not get it to work on my 64 bit OS to save my life. I am sticking with the ZUNE, sell off the Ipod and getting a second Zune. If you have not played with one go do it. Its worth it.