Thread: No audio on Intel 945 chipset

No audio on Intel 945 chipset

I am just done with the configuration of a 64bit operating system. I am having Intel 945G Chipset. It looks to be working fine, but I am not able to hear sound from it. I checked inside Device manager. There is a driver listed which is called as Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition audio. This driver has a yellow exclamation mark. I am using the chipset disc that I had received with the motherboard. I am getting error while re-installing the same. I need some help to deal with the issues. Thanks.

The driver that you are using looks to be a 32bit Edition. I am having a similar board whic his Intel 915PGN. Go on Intel's website where you can locate the driver files. The last compatible driver that I had found on the official Intel Support is for Windows XP 64bit. Go on the site and download that. It would help you. I am sure you can use the same driver on Vista also. And better avoid using a 32bit drivers on 64bit OS, because if somehow any hardware did not worked properly or if any driver is not compatible you will face serious blue screen errors.

That is just a single driver file which is not working. Did you tried to update the drivers through right clicking on it and then choosing the new hardware install wizard. It will look in your CD on its own and if the drivers are not located you cannot do anything in it. I have a dual boot operating system. At one side it has Windows XP 32 bit and on the other it has Windows XP 64bit. In 32bit all works great, but when I use the same driver disc on 64bit it crashed. It is not at all working well. There might be some patch available for that.

You can run Windows update. It will help you. I found a similar query which says that if you can find a compatible hdaudbus.sys file it will help you to run the audio file. I am sure you can find the 64bit edition on web. driver compatibility is one of the most common failure that you face in 64 bit platform. Check the below link which will give you ample of knowledge on this issue.

The Intel High Definition audio functionality unexpectedly quits working in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Hi everyone,

Really sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am experiencing this problem on my X64 SP2 machine. I can't apply that update because it says that SP2 already includes it, but my computer doesn't have any audio! I really need a fix for this as soon as possible. :)

Please help!

Tom :)