Thread: Make Internet Explorer 64 bit as default web browser

Make Internet Explorer 64 bit as default web browser

I am using Windows Vista 64bit. I had installed Internet Explorer 32bit. When I use it, it freezes a lot. Also it take a lot time to open any web page. But compared that Internet Explorer 64bit works very fine. I need some help to make it a default web browser. I think this both are installed in my system. I am not expecting to removing, it but as I click on any link the 64bit edition must open up. I made some changes, but still the 32bit edition opens up and it works quite slowly.

re: Make Internet Explorer 64 bit as default web browser

One thing I am confused here. How does both browsers are installed in your system. I think that is quiet not possible. If it is, then simply remove the 32bit edition. Once you uninstall that the 64bit version of IE will be your default web browser and it will open up when you click on link. For the 32bit edition it looks the issue is with some addons or plugins that are installed. You must disable or enable the same to fix the same. I faced a issue before on IE64bit when I was trying to use Flash 32bit on the same.

That is not a big issue at all. You just need to set the same as default browser from Control Panel. Many time when you launch the browser you can see that it ask that do you want this as your default browser or not. Once you click yes, it becomes the default application that handles your web work. I am also using a 64bit edition of IE. I just upgraded that as the 32bit freezes and it looks it is not at all incompatible. There are other browsers also available that you can try.

re: Make Internet Explorer 64 bit as default web browser

Yes there is still a way, to make flash work. Go to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/f...ayer10/square/
    and download flash square player. Its work, then test youtube.com ;)