Thread: Additional Drivers x64 drivers on x86 Print server ntprint.inf

Additional Drivers x64 drivers on x86 Print server ntprint.inf

Environment - Windows Standard 2003 x86 server acting as a Print server, I have added 64- bit terminal servers to the same environment and when i am trying to install 64-bit drivers to the print shares by going in to "Sharing" tab of the printers and using "Additional Drivers" than i am getting a prompt for ntprint.inf file. I have created a inf file following HP Knowledge based article but when i point the installer to it, it again come up with same message. I dont know if i am missing out anything but i will like to know from one who might have installed x64 bit drivers successfully by making their print server a terminal server.

RE: Additional Drivers x64 drivers on x86 Print server ntprint.inf

First of all why are you willing to install 64 bit printer drivers on a 32 bit O.S. From what Ive understood from your post, you want user to have printer installed on client PC and log in to 64 bit Terminal server and used their default printer after mapping even though your printer resides on 32 bit print server??? If it is so than i will like to inform you that you cannot install 64 bit drivers on 32 bit server. A better idea will be installing 64 bit drivers on 64 bit Terminal Server and carry out mapping. If you do so than terminal services will use 64 bit driver for mapping printer accordingly understanding your client PC has 32 bit shared printer installed.

Re: Additional Drivers x64 drivers on x86 Print server ntprint.inf

In my case i am having a print/file server and all network printers are shared on the same server. My problem was that when a user connects to 64-bit terminal server they are not able to map any network printers as those printer shares are 32-bit drivers. Anyways i have now solved my issue by putting 64-bit CD in file/ print server CDROM while it was asking for ntprint.inf file previously i was pointing it to D drive of my system where 64-bit server OS was residing. I should have tried that earlier, creating inf file following HP Knowledge based article was just a waste of time for me, it wasn't even required.

Re: Additional Drivers x64 drivers on x86 Print server ntprint.inf

What if one doesn't have original installation discs, in my case i have added 3 x64 pc in my network and i am trying to install x64 drivers for our printer. Currently i am not having original installation discs and i am not able to get past "Install components from the windows disc". Any help on this will be Highly appreciated.