Thread: Blue screen while installing Vista 64 bit

Blue screen while installing Vista 64 bit

I am getting blue screen on Windows Vista 64bit system. It appears when I am working on the fresh installation. To ensure that this would be a low ram issue, I added a extra stick of 2GB. So in all now I am having 6GB ram. I cannot understand what is happening here. I removed the sticks and verified them one by one. But still blue screen is constant on boot. The bsod appear after few time when system boots up. I cannot under the error also. My processor is Amd x2 5200+ and the motherboard is Asus Crosshair. How can I get rid of this error and make my system a bit more stable.

It looks like there is somekind of file which is messing around. It can be the driver also. It is recommended that you go in Event log and mention the full detail about the error. Try to run Windows Update. That might help you. Without having the error code of blue screen there is nothing I can do. Basically bluescreen appears due to a corrupt driver or system file or ram. Due to faulty or incompatible ram this thing appears. Like all of your ram if is not of unique configuration then this error are common.

The error report plays a vital role in locating the issue. Sometime Windows update helps a lot to fix the stuff. When you get the update just check and note down the errors which are listed. You can disable automatic restart. This will allow you to have the bluescreen constant for sometime. My advice is to use one RAM at a time. Then keep adding other once the installation is over. Also when you are done with the setup go on the website of your motherboard manufacturer and look for 64bit drivers. Do not run the existing cd you have.